Gifts of Hope Make Wishes Come True
Written by Plant With Purpose on December 24, 2013 in General
This month, we have been sharing our Christmas wishes for Plant With Purpose communities around the world. Our desire is to see dreams become reality for families in rural communities. Listen to their voices as they share how Plant With Purpose has impacted their lives:
- The training Neema Elifadhi received in Tanzania equipped her to raise chickens and grow more vegetables. She shares, “I managed to build a three-room modern house … . I am also able to pay for all the required bills … without relying from any person.”
- “One of the biggest successes I knew is the cistern that I benefitted from through Plant With Purpose. It relieved my family because before that, the children and I used to walk 90 minutes to collect a bucket of water,” shares Civiné Anne Egzantilia in Haiti.
- Gabriela is a teenager in Mexico who is excited about saving through her community-led savings group. She shares, “To me, saving means a lot. It means school. I can pay for my books, backpack, and other supplies.”
- In Thailand, Mr. JaMaw JaNu shares, “I have seen that people in my community have realized that they must protect their environment for themselves and for their children.”
- Rafael de Dios sums up the changes he has seen in his community in the Dominican Republic: “I have been blessed spiritually, economically, and materially.”
- Following a “Theology of Work” seminar in Burundi, Pastor Zacharia shares, “I learned how to … improve families, churches, and communities.”
Help make Christmas wishes come true for farming families worldwide by purchasing a Gift of Hope through our Online Gift Catalog.
If you’re looking for the perfect last minute gift, a greeting card will be emailed to you to print and place under the tree for Christmas morning.
Thanks for making wishes come true!