On the Blog in 2014
Written by Plant With Purpose on December 30, 2014 in General
2014 was a monumental year for Plant With Purpose as we celebrated our 30th anniversary and reached 20,000 families in 367 communities. To date, partnering farmers have planted more than 12.6 million trees, which are anchoring families for generations to come. As the year concludes, reflect with us on restored lives and land as we highlight some of our favorite series and stories from the blog!
The ROOTED series shared how all three aspects of our holistic approach to development empowers individuals and is helping end global poverty.
Plant With Purpose Core Values reminded us of the standards that built this international organization and continue to inform our work today.
- Faith: A Plant With Purpose Core Value
- Collaboration: A Plant With Purpose Core Value
- Stewardship: A Plant With Purpose Core Value
- Sustainability: A Plant With Purpose Core Value
- Empowerment: A Plant With Purpose Core Value
- Innovation: A Plant With Purpose Core Value
Plant With Purpose Phraseology introduced our readers to terms and methods used in the field to equip farming families.
- Plant With Purpose Phraseology: Farmers Associations
- Plant With Purpose Phraseology: Participatory Workshops
- Plant With Purpose Phraseology: Desertification
- Plant With Purpose Phraseology: Soil Conservation Barriers
- Plant With Purpose Phraseology: Family Farm
We highlighted a handful of our amazing international team in Global Staff Spotlights.
Cultivator of the Quarter showcased our standout volunteers who uniquely support the work of Plant With Purpose using their own gifts and experience.
- Cultivator of the Quarter: Dahlia Guajardo
- Cultivator of the Quarter: Christy Mandin
- Cultivator of the Quarter: Shirley and Barry Billingsley
The Sustainable Citizen series brought to light ways for all of us to live more sustainably and consider our impact on the environment.
- Sustainable Citizen: Energy Consumption
- Sustainable Citizen: Smart Shopper
- Sustainable Citizen: A Diet of Purpose
Thanks for being a part of our 2014!