Record Breaking Amount Raised at the 2011 Planting Hope Gala!
Written by Plant With Purpose on October 13, 2011 in General
We are excited to announce that this year’s Planting Hope Gala was our most successful yet! Thanks to everyone’s incredible generosity, we raised a record breaking $380,236! This exceeds our previous record of $317,000 in 2009.
Thank you to everyone who attended and supported this year’s Planting Hope Gala, including our dedicated committee and volunteers. We are overwhelmed with your support and truly appreciate your partnership.
The night was filled with laughter, excitement, and generosity. One guest commented, “It was a perfect evening filled with the Lord and a celebration of all that Plant With Purpose has become. Christ was clearly the heart beat.” The evening kicked off at Paradise Point Resort with an exciting silent auction, followed by a delicious dinner, a live auction, inspiring speakers, a never-before-seen video highlighting our expanding Village Savings and Loan program, and a Fund a Need auction. The night concluded with a celebratory performance by local Haitian band, Lounge a Dieu.
All the proceeds from the gala will go toward empowering thousands of people in the communities where we work to improve their lives and lands. With the amount raised, we will be able to:
– Launch 20 new Village Savings and Loan groups to help the poor become self-sufficient, allowing them to start businesses and send their children to school.
– Provide 200 families with water purification systems in the Dominican Republic and Haiti to treat water contaminated by bacteria and other water-borne disease carriers.
– Plant 14,060 trees to reforest and revive the land and create opportunities for the rural poor.
– Build 750 fuel-efficient stoves to improve the health of families and reduce deforestation.
– Provide curriculum to 4,200 churches to equip pastors and leaders with the resources needed to serve the spiritual and physical needs of their communities.
– Provide cassava, banana, and vegetable seeds to 1,500 farmers in Burundi to provide food and a source of income.
– And much more!
Thank you again to everyone who made the Planting Hope Gala such a wonderful success, and for your partnership with us in transforming the lives of the rural poor.
Save the Date for next year’s Planting Hope Gala, which will be at Paradise Point Resort on Saturday, October 13th, 2012.