Do you enjoy sharing stories of empowerment and positive change? Do you spend hours each week perusing blogs and online news sources? Do you feel called to use your gift of communication to motivate and encourage others? If you’re jumping in your chair thinking “YES!”, then working hand-in-hand with our dynamic development team is the role for you.
As a communications intern, you will dive headfirst into writing, community outreach, marketing, public relations, social media, and event support. Interested? Read on:
- Conceptualize, research, and write blog content
- Create and post relevant, fresh material and help to expand Plant With Purpose’s online presence through social media platforms
- Gather family and individual testimonials from our Salesforce story database for communications purposes
- Compile international programs data for storytelling and outreach
- Edit website content and written collateral, while coming up with creative ways of sharing the Plant With Purpose vision
- Assist the development team with community engagement strategies
- Cultivate relationships with Plant With Purpose supporters and the surrounding community
- Represent Plant With Purpose at local events, churches, and schools
- Support the development team with Gala and other event preparations
- Sincerely interested in the holistic environmental mission of Plant With Purpose and the diverse communities we seek to empower
- Highly accurate and organized
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Preferably working toward a degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, nonprofit management, or international studies
- Knowledge/experience in community development and/or international travel is a plus
- Ability to be in our San Diego office 12-15 hours per week
- Please refer to the Internships page for the dates of the season to which you are applying. Internship dates can be flexible. If an early decision is needed, please specify in your application.
- Interns must be able to provide their own transportation for the semester-long period.
While this is an unpaid internship, you will gain hands-on experience working closely with a creative, close-knit team who is inspired to achieve a lasting solution to rural poverty. We can also coordinate with your institution to offer academic credit for your experience.