Do you think design, all day every day? Do you see the world in images and well-designed campaigns? Are you itching to use your creative talent to engage others in a cause you believe in? If color palettes, Illustrator, and branding are your love languages, you’ll be a perfect fit for our graphic design internship.
As the graphic design intern, you will take our branding and outreach efforts to a whole new level. Have we peeked your interest? Keep reading:
- Conceptualize and design print collateral that effectively communicates the message and vision of Plant With Purpose
- Create visual themes for Plant With Purpose campaigns and events that adhere to and extend the Plant With Purpose brand
- Enhance Plant With Purpose collateral for distribution to supporters and community partners
- Collaborate with the development team to further efforts to communicate with existing and potential supporters
- Sincerely interested in the holistic environmental mission of Plant With Purpose and the diverse communities we seek to empower
- Strong design aesthetic and technical abilities
- Proficiency in InDesign and Illustrator
- Web design experience, social media skills, and photography or video editing skills a plus
- Adaptability and creativity
- Self-motivated, strong communicator, able to meet multiple deadlines, able to collaborate within a team environment, and willing to take direction
- Preferably working toward a degree in graphic design or a related field
- Knowledge/experience in community development and/or international travel is a plus
- Ability to be in our San Diego office 12-15 hours per week
- Please refer to the Internships page for the dates of the season to which you are applying. Internship dates can be flexible. If an early decision is needed, please specify in your application.
- Interns must be able to provide their own transportation for the semester-long period.
While this is an unpaid internship, you will gain hands-on experience working closely with a creative, close-knit team who is inspired to achieve a lasting solution to rural poverty. We can also coordinate with your institution to to offer academic credit for your experience.