- Develop tools for reporting annual data from Plant With Purpose’s international programs
- Analyze the results of international field impact evaluations
- Perform GIS analysis of Plant With Purpose’s international work and develop poverty mapping
- Collaborate with the technical team in quality control of historical field data
- Potential to work through analysis, literature review, and publishable writing for a specific research project on topics including: VSLA (our savings-led microfinance model), gender analysis, water quality indicators, wildlife-human conflict, and other development topics
- Sincerely interested in the holistic environmental mission of Plant With Purpose and the diverse communities we seek to empower
- Ability to synthesize technical information into simple, understandable outputs
- Experience with field research desirable
- Highly accurate and organized
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Preferred experience with arcGIS and R statistical software, though not required
- Good communication skills and the ability to work independently and efficiently
- Preferably working toward a degree in social sciences, international development, statistics, political science, or a related field
- Classroom or experiential background in monitoring and evaluation will be a strong factor in selection
- Knowledge/experience in community development and/or international travel is a plus
- Ability to contribute 12-15 hours per week
- Please refer to the Internships page for the dates of the season to which you are applying. Internship dates can be flexible. If an early decision is needed, please specify in your application.
- Option for internship to be performed remotely; presence in San Diego is not required as this position reports to our technical director who is based in Toronto.
While this is an unpaid internship, you will gain hands-on experience working closely with a creative, close-knit team who is inspired to achieve a lasting solution to rural poverty. We can also coordinate with your institution to offer academic credit for your experience.