- Utilize remote sensing data to perform GIS analysis of Plant With Purpose’s field watersheds
- Monitor and evaluate water quality, deforestation, and other environmental measures
- Research methods in related scientific literature in rural contexts in Africa, SE Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America
- Employ innovative ideas with findings in a clear, concise scientific paper
- Gain experience in delivering findings to the Plant With Purpose team
- Sincerely interested in the holistic environmental mission of Plant With Purpose and the diverse communities we seek to empower
- Ability to synthesize technical information into simple, understandable outputs
- Experience with field research desirable
- Highly accurate and organized
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with remote sensing and arcGIS
- Ability to take direction yet work independently and think creatively
- Preferably working toward a degree in science, statistics, geography, or a related field
- Knowledge/experience in community development and/or international travel is a plus
- Ability to contribute 12-15 hours per week in our San Diego office
- Please refer to the Internships page for the dates of the season to which you are applying. Internship dates can be flexible. If an early decision is needed, please specify in your application.
- Interns must be able to provide their own transportation for the semester-long period.
While this is an unpaid internship, you will gain hands-on experience working closely with a creative, close-knit team who is inspired to achieve a lasting solution to rural poverty. We can also coordinate with your institution to offer academic credit for your experience.